Monday, October 26, 2009

The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


These are the best chocolate chip cookies ever. The recipe makes a ton, so be prepared for a lot of cookies. Luckily they freeze nicely. Just thaw and enjoy again and again!

1 1/3 cups shortening
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla
6 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 bag chocolate chips
2 cups nuts - optional

Mix shortening, butter and sugars until really smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I made these yesterday and probably got around 6 dozen or more. I had everything on hand too. I used white chocolate chips though and it is good with them in it too. Thanks for sharing your recipes with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These truly are the best cookies I make them all the time for my family and we are obsessed

    ReplyDelete