Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Really I can't say enough about these cookies. They are just awesome and a regular thing at our house. Especially when we have company over for dessert. We hope that you enjoy them just as much as we do. Especially if you happen to be a peanut butter and chocolate loving fool like me!
1 1/2 cup Flour
1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (divided)
1 1/2 cup Quick Oats
1/2 cup Butter
3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars, 3/4 cup peanut butter, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add dry ingredients, just until incorporated. Stir in oats and spread mixture onto a greased 11x15 jelly roll pan (cookie sheet).
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Whip the remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter until it becomes lighter colored and fluffy. Carefully spread the whipped peanut butter over the cookie.
5. Time to make the frosting! Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the milk and cocoa powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Heat just until boiling. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Then gradually add the powdered sugar. Stir until thickened. Pour over the peanut butter and gently spread over the cookie.
6. Cool completely and slice into bars.