1 pkg. spaghetti (12 oz.)
1/3 C. butter or margarine
1/3 C. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz.)
1 1/2 C. half and half cream
1 C. heavy whipping cream
4 C. cubed cooked chicken
3 cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained (4 oz. each)
1 jar sliced pimentos, drained (4 oz.)
1/2 C. grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile in a skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the broth, half and half and whipping cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min. or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, mushrooms and pimentos.
- Drain spaghetti; add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 11X7 inch baking dishes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole up to 2 months. Bake second casserole uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir before serving.
source: FCCLA cookbook: A Little yummy for Your Tummy