Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nikki's Amazing Smore Cookies


This recipe comes to us from our Niece-in-law Nikki. She is chalk full of great recipes! This recipe is just one of many. They are so yummy and soft. Aaron and I both agreed that they were even better the next day. They reminded me so much of my many fun camping adventures with my family. Many of which ended with someone falling out of a hammock, or falling in the lake or falling out of a tent! Ah, the memories! So if you are missing out on that campfire ritual of smore's then you will love these cookies.


Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 (4oz) pkg. chocolate instant pudding (powder only)
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour 1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup crushed graham crackers (makes sure it's not too fine you want some chunks)
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and pudding mix.

In a separate bowl mix baking soda and flour. Gently add to wet ingredients. Add marshmallows, chips and graham crackers

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Tips:


  • After I mixed the batter I put it into the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, it makes the cookies fluffy.

  • It's hard to mix in the marshmallows, so you may need to put them into each cookie as you roll it into a ball. I put in 3 marshmallows per cookie.

  • I used parchment paper on my cookie sheet and also sprayed it with some Pam. I didn't want those marshmallows to stick!

  • I cooked mine for 8 minutes and then let them sit on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before I transferred them to the cooling rack. They might not look done at 8 minutes but they will cook while they set on the pan and this way they will be soft and chewy!

No comments:

Post a Comment