Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Aunt Joan's Christmas Jello

So my Aunt, Joan Haws, shared this recipe with my parents several years ago. Growing up, we had it every Christmas eve. However, now Heather and I actually tend to have it at Thanksgiving with my family more than Christmas, but is still just as delicious and unique no matter when we have it. You may think it's weird looking at the ingredients, but trust me, it's DELICIOUS. Thank you to my sister Andrea for sending me the recipe! This will be included in our family recipe book forever.

1 large pkg. Cherry Jello
1/2 Cup Red Hots (Cinnamon Imperial Candies)
2 Cups water + 1-3/4 Cups water
1 red apple, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts

Dissolve Red Hot Candies in 2 cups boiling water, then stir in Jello to dissolve. Pour into 9x13 pan. Stir in 1-3/4 cups cold water. Stir in apple, celery, and walnuts. Chill several hours, or until set.

Source: Joan Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment