Friday, January 21, 2011

Candy Crunch Pudding Pie


If you love chocolate then you will love this! I was in the store buying pudding for my Smore Cookies when I happened upon this recipe. This was an impulse buy if ever there was one and let's be honest, it probably had more to do with my sudden and inexplicable urge for chocolate! Of course my husband and I ran into some people we know at the store and he proceeds to tell them that it seems like with each child we have, I get more and more into chocolate. Well if that's the case, then I am going to be one big chocolate mess by the time I hit my mid-thirties! Anyway, this recipe ended up being fantastic. It was simple, fast and it wasn't too rich at all. In fact it was just right.
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg. (5.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding
1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, divided
2 milk chocolate English toffee candy bars (1.4 oz each), chopped and divided
1 Oreo pie crust
1 square BAKER'S semi-sweet chocolate, melted
Directions:
Beat milk and pudding mix with whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 the whipped topping and all but about 3 tablespoons of the candy.
Spoon the mixture into the crust.
Top with remaining whipped topping and candy. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
source: Jell-o brand Chocolate Instant Pudding Box

No comments:

Post a Comment