Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Temptations

I found this recipe and knew that I had to make them. I have been having major chocolate/peanut butter cravings and this one satisfied! They are really close to the Cyclops Cookies but with a Peanut Butter Cup instead of a Hershey Kiss. I hope you enjoy them just as much as we did!

Ingredients:
About 40 Reese's Peanut Butter Miniatures
1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees

  2. Remove wrappers from candies


  3. Line small muffin cups with paper baking cups, if desired


  4. Beat Butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy in large bowl.


  5. In another bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.


  6. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place one in each paper-lined or ungreased muffin cup. Do Not Flatten


  7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until puffed and lightly browned; remove from oven.


  8. immediately press peanut butter cup in center of each cookie. Cool completely in muffin pan.

tips:



  • I don't have two mini muffin pans so I used a fork to help me remove the completed cookies from the pan, once they had set just a little, and put them onto a cooling rack. It worked just fine and then I was able to do the second batch of cookies in the same pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment