Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Menu


Because Halloween is on a Sunday this year, I decided that I wanted to make it special since we won't be trick-or-treating on that day. If you are like me, you have struggled to come up with a fun, yet not too creepy, but delicious, and something the kids will eat - meal to serve. It was especially difficult because everything that you find is usually an appetizer type food. Since we are having a few friends over for a sit-down dinner, I can't really just serve finger foods for the meal. Finally I have figured out what I am going to do. I wanted to share it with all of you so that if you are still looking, maybe I can help out with your meal plans.
Breakfast:
  • Pancakes made into Halloween shapes
  • Sausage "Fingers"
I came up with this idea when I was first introduced to Jim's Pancakes by a family member and then later when he appeared on the Rachel Ray show. His pancakes are awesome! I thought, "hey, I can do that!" So we will be attempting these pancakes in the morning.
Lunch
  • Ghost of Monte Cristo Sandwiches. (Picture 5 above)
  • PB&J sandwiches cut into shapes or Hot dog mummies. (Pictures 2 and 7)
The Monte Cristo will most likely be for the adults that will be visiting with us for lunch. I haven't quite decided between the mummies or the PB&J's, but these are for the kiddos.
Dinner:
  • Martinelli's Apple Cider with eye ball drink stir-ers (found at Wal-mart)
  • Mummy Meatloaf (picture 1 above)
  • Mashed Boo-tatoes (picture 4 above)
  • Slivered Scream Beans (picture 6 above)
  • Witches Fingers (Bread sticks)

Ever since I first saw this meatloaf I wanted to make it. Everything else is really all about how you present it.

Dessert:
  • Brain Cupcakes (picture 3 above)
  • Homemade Oreos with Orange filling
  • Candy Corn Trifles

We are having so many desserts because I want people to be able to choose what they want. We are also putting the kids to bed and then watching some type of scary movie - it is after all Halloween! I just want everyone to be fed and happy, plus the sugar will help keep all the adults awake!

The Oreos are our own recipe found here! For other really great ideas visit Family Fun and Martha Stewart. They have some really great entertaining ideas and awesome things that you can do with your kids! Good luck and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment